Monday, August 10, 2015

Swimming with The White Tiger


Finally finished The White Tiger at 1am the other night. Isn’t midnight the best time to read? The world is so quiet then, if only there wasn’t work the next day. Well, Aravind Adiga made my sluggish morning worth it. His book was dark, funny, disturbing, unexpected - sometimes all within one sentence. I especially liked how it’s structured as a letter to the Chinese Premier. Though of a very different style, it reminded me a bit of Lolita in how the reader accompanies the narrator through his growing insanity until you start questioning the reality being presented to you.

I just heard they're about to bring it to the big screen. This book is so full of chaos and momentum, I have no idea which direction they're going to go. One thing's for sure, it'll take the white tiger of screenwriters to adapt it. 

Now I have that empty feeling after a good book - what should I read next?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment